Aller au contenu
lafleur

No Lates.

Messages recommandés

Word on street ,no lates for this year except in MAAA. (allowed 5). Confirmation from hockey Quebec Monday?

comments?

This is good news, It is about time that we are on the same page as the rest of North America .Yes it will be a change for some that were 2 nd yr Pee -Wee and now find themselves in Bantam , the biggest difference for them will be , instead of having the advantage of being the oldest of their catagorie for a season they will be the youngest . but the gap between the oldest and the youngest remains the same 24 month's less a day .I'm sure that their must be some kids that are born in September are at least happy they will no longer be the youngest players in their first season of each grouping . And they only miss out of a year of hockey if they decide to play until their last year of eligibility, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that there are a lot less players in junior than bantam .

You said,

Yes it will be a change for some that were 2 nd yr Pee -Wee and now find themselves in Bantam , the biggest difference for them will be , instead of having the advantage of being the oldest of their catagorie for a season they will be the youngest . but the gap between the oldest and the youngest remains the same 24 month's less a day

But the kid who would have moved to 2nd yr PW was going into Sec I. Now when he moves to Bantam (the other 1st yr Bantams are going into Sec II and the 2nd yr Bantams are going into Sec III. This might have more an effect on the kid than having one yr of hockey development less

Invité jgb

totally agree with you... parents should take a very close look at the players in the team now... it is nice to play hockey but school is the first thing for a kid. Others teams players who are older must be good in school, talk correctley and respect the yougs one.. if not do not go...

I have heard and seen only people writing about the negative side of the change I remeber when they changed it years ago...It really had no bearing on my son,But I would like to know the positive side of this change i would like to hear from the people that really welcome the change......How do the coaches feel about it...the various associations...ect.....i would like to see if there are any people with a positive reaction...

Gary

the forums are full of people knocking the ruling. And it must be hard for the lates to accept. My son, who is not a late, missed his 2nd year of novice when they implemented the late's rule. Back then it was tough because he made Novice A first year....and the next season, albeit difficult, he was able to crack the Atome BB as a 1st year. So he had 2 first years in a row. I never heard the lates complain then because their children were in an advantageous position. So to listen to it now....well its just come back full circle.

Being in line with the rest of the country just makes sense......even if the rest of the country should be the ones reverting a a late's rule to better facilitate academic programs. If they wont do it ....then we must.

over the years the 2 changes has hurt everyone at least once...now its fair.

Invité jgb

Fair ??? you are talking about children, nice attitude.. How can a adult think like that ??? unbelievable

Yes it is not fair for the individual child that will be affected this year. The one probably most concerned are the 92L who must now make the MAAA team or will have a hard time making AA, BB, CC. What would that number of players be in the overall number of players? Small.

Is the change good. Yes and necessary. Could it be handled better? Yes. Probably with a phase in and definitly a minor/major set-up.

I believe the majority of the current criticism would be coming from parents of the children affected, and not the child themselves. A lot of the time we as parents hoist our aspirations upon our kids, instead of just letting them play the game.

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant