Aller au contenu
lafleur

No Lates.

Messages recommandés

I FIND IT FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ARE REALLY UPSET THAT THE RULING ON THE LATES CAME IN EFFECT .......I HAVE ONLY SEEN THE COMMENTS OF THE PARENTS OF THE LOWER LEVELS YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOUR CHILD WILL BE WITH STRONGER PLAYERS......THE ONLY ONES I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR ARE THE MIDGET LEVEL KIDS ....BUT I AM SURE THE CREAM WILL ALWAYS RISE TO THE TOP........I WISH YOU ALL WELL ....HAVE A GREAT SUMMER....

One of my sons lost a year of minor hockey (novice) the first time, in 2001. Now my younger son has his "turn" to sacrifice a year of minor hockey (peewee) next season. The logic of the change is as clear as the error of the previous one - elite development drives policies irrespective of effects on the 90% that don't benefit. In both instances changes were made instantly; easier administratively but (obviously) of little regards to the kids. Neither of my sons will make the NHL, and are remote even from AA. All I wish for them is to have (as I did) many years of minor hockey producing lifelong happy memories - now there is one less year to remember for the both of them.

If HC was able to tolerate the "disparity" for 5+ years before demanding changes, they could (should) have tolerated a phased-in approach that minimized (or avoided completely) such loss. On the other side, HQ could have showed more "couilles" in demanding such a phase-in. Their insular, bullheaded application & adherence to "distinct" arrangements was prolonged and unnecessary .... and their 180 degree reversal highlights again their disregard for the majority of young hockey players.

Perhaps M. Lalonde should fall on his sword and resign after this humiliating about-face ........... but that would contrary to his (and most of HQ's) careerist, "fonctionnaire" priorities.

You know I read all the complaints...and I mean all of them...I have seen a few legitimate claims by some lates because I know there screen names and who they are but the Majority of these complaints come from adults yes infact the parents....Unreal ....If it wasn't this rule change it would be something else .Most of the arguments are coming out of the people that complain about there childs coachs all season, I even saw one guy talk about all the new equipment some kids will have to bring back because the division they will be playing in .......Like I said this will only put the cream of the crop to the top late- early- short- tall ...put your skates on and try hard if you were made to be in the Big Leauge this rule wont stop you and anyone who thinks it will ...Obviously has no clue about Hockey....So please encourge your Late child tell him it's for the better it will only make him a better hockey player in the end.........As for those who can't see that a good hockey player can play at at least one level up from where he is supose to... hitting or not ...most of the top players are playing summer hockey anyway so they are prepared ..... so please stop the crocodile tears..... Just see how it plays out and hopefully it will be just fine wich i am sure 10 years from now none of this will matter anyway....

Fearless Freep,

After reading your comment, in a way you are wright, but they ask the HC for reducing the ages about 7 years ago and after the ask to put it with the school age, HC told them ok but just for a short time. It last I think 5 years, HC told them to come back as before.

So when is the proper time to put it back as it was before??????

You are suggesting 5 years, well if a count as you did, your son will be playing midget and he will be out of reach with the new rule, but what about in 5 years the situation will be as now, so stop thinking about your son they had to do it no manner what, it's bad for both of your sons but what about the others in 5 years.

A rule is a rule.

When you make change it hurt's and it does so on all lates.

Lates are always the youngest when they compete in soccer, baseball, football (civil), ...and now hockey.

Some kids are likely to be frustrated by their limited ability to compete and may finally drop out from organised sports. It happened with a friend of my son who will not play soccer this year. He didn't enjoyed the game last summer, beeing the smallest and slowest player of his team, never touching the ball.

Hoppefully, he was performing well in hockey. He played magh1 this year. Not a very strong player, but enough to be part of the game and to have fun. Now that they have changed the cutoff date, He skips magh2 and will have to play novice next year. He'll be the youngest (again!), less developped and will give up one year of experience (17% of his life). Really not good for self esteem.

But the story of this kid is not important gents. What's important is that HQ fixed the terrible problem of midget AAA. Being on the same page as the rest of North America also resolve a lot of problems. For sure more LHJMQ players will be drafted now!

Another important thing is that guy I met last week: He was explaining to his son that without the lates he'll have more chance to play BB. ''Ça va faire d'la place'' as he said!

But the story of this kid is not important gents. What's important is that HQ fixed the terrible problem of midget AAA. Being on the same page as the rest of North America also resolve a lot of problems. For sure more LHJMQ players will be drafted now!

Unfortunately Knight, that's ALL that matters to HQ. As demographic, cost, and societal pressures each do their part to diminish the numbers of kids playing minor hockey, the more the system will be structured to identify, train and promote the talented players. Regretfully such rigourous measures reduce the fun aspect of the game for the majority of the players, thereby encouraging a further reduction in participation.

If one wants more talented players, [also] take measures to encourage an increase in the overall pool of players.

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant