Aller au contenu
hockeyforlife

Qui sont les meilleurs 2003 et 2004 ?

Messages recommandés

Ouch!!!! AL2003 lets not be too hard on our anglo bothers/sisters as the case may be.... :lol: You...my friend... speak with the eloquence of Shakespeare and the intellect of Einstein. I could not have said it better myself. Indeed they are off topic. Based on their posts and reluctance to get ''on topic'', I would have to assume that they have an underlying agenda. That agenda being that the parents of these kids are somehow bastardizing, diluting or tainting any pleasure that these kids experience in minor hockey through some perverse or fallacious notion that their kids will make it to the NHL.

LSLfan-hockey4kids, No one here is saying that any of these kids are going to be the next Jason Demers or Dave Jackson (for the benefit of LSLfan). All the parents of these kids know the chances of making it to the big time. Infact, a parent of one of these kids was drafted by an NHL team and can personally attest to the slim probability of making it to the NHL. I can assure you that none of these kids are being forced to play or abused physically or verbally by some crazed parent living vicariously through their child. If I am wrong with my interpretation of the Hockey4kids / LSLfan's postes, then I apologize. If I have hit the mark, then please take into consideration that you are now insinuating, drawing conclusions, speaking of someone you do not know, (I can go on...) and this is not right.

LSLfan - Hockey4Kids....respectfully.... I don't care how long you have been in arenas and how many players you have seen go through the ranks or how many crazed hockey parents you have witnessed. If either of you are making some sort of generalization and questioning the players' parents' or coach's motives, then you are mistaken.

Have a nice day :mrgreen:

The point is that I have been in arenas long enough to know how ridiculous it is name players at a young age.

Most people reading this are smart enough to know that the point of the making a list is to get their kids names noticed.

I am willing to guess that the ones who take offense :roll: are those whose kids are on the list. LOL.

The point is that I have been in arenas long enough to know how ridiculous it is name players at a young age.

Most people reading this are smart enough to know that the point of the making a list is to get their kids names noticed.

I am willing to guess that the ones who take offense :roll: are those whose kids are on the list. LOL.

You are correct. The point of naming kids/players (regardless of age) is to recognize them. These kids are among the best at their respective levels. Now whats wrong in acknowledging these players' accomplishments? Do you truly believe that someone would throw these names around hoping that some midget AAA or NHL scout would take interest? Thats simply absurd. I am sorry, give the parents more credit than that. We all know how the levels of HQ work.....what comes after novice?...is that the NHL.....LOL :lol: C'mon. Has your child ever been acknowleged for his/her accomplishments? Were you not proud your child? Who cares what age they are? That is all it is. Nothing more than just stating that these kids are good players this season.

So let me ask you these questions, what is wrong with getting your kid's name noticed at any age? :?:

Are you saying that due to his young age, his accomplishments are somewhat less note worthy than someone who is twice his age? :?:

If my child scored 50 goals in novice A and another child scored 50 goals in pee wee A, is the novice player's 50 goals less of an accomplishment? :?:

Why are you taken with the idea that the parents of these kids think they will make it to the NHL? :?:

A wise man recently told me, not many parents successfully talked their kid onto a team roster, but many have talked their kid off the team roster. That is something that I truly believe. So getting my kid's name out there to get noticed by a scout or to get onto a team, is not an option for me. The wise man who told me this is none other than Bobby Orr, so I will hold true to those words. Having said all this, I will give you the last word. I have invested too much time in this fruitless enterprise

:mrgreen:

So let me ask you these questions, what is wrong with getting your kid's name noticed at any age?

Are you saying that due to his young age, his accomplishments are somewhat less note worthy than someone who is twice his age?

If my child scored 50 goals in novice A and another child scored 50 goals in pee wee A, is the novice player's 50 goals less of an accomplishment?

Why are you taken with the idea that the parents of these kids think they will make it to the NHL?

With all due respect, I get that you are excited that your kid is a little phenom, but really naming kids is never a good idea- and against the rules of the forum for obvious reasons. Do you have 6 and 7 year old kids reading this forum bragging to their friends that they were noted for thier 50 goals in Novice... No it is the parents who are enjoying the attention.

You need to keep it real, I have seen kids in Pre novice and novice who looked like the next Crosby not even make double letters down the road. Kids catch up, andgrow at different rates. You have a lot of hockey ahead of you. My humble advice is to enjoy your season and encourage your child, naming kids is for the parents, and really not important to the kids reading the POC website...LOL.

Also to your point is it less impressive scoring 50 goals in novice vs. Pee Wee or Bantam- well yes, but it is a fun stat you can quote in the future!

With all due respect, I get.....

No problem here...I don't deserve any respect...so no need to preface your post that way :lol: ... Points well taken. I know all about the hockey ahead of my boy and you are right about kids developing at various rates. Kids WILL catch up. Mine did :mrgreen: I'll just sit back and enjoy the season.

HocheyRules et LSL - avec cette logique, il serait tout aussi ridicule pour la centrale de recrutement de LNH de faire un classement des jeunes de 17 ans éligible pour le draft de la LNH... Puisque certains choix de 1ère ronde ne jouent jamais dans la LNH alors que des joueurs jamais repêchés ont des carrières de plus de 1000 matchs!

AL2003

Il est tout de même impressionnant de constater le niveau d'abilité et de progression de certains des jeunes 2003 et 2004... Et Ce sera intéressant de les voir à l'oeuvre ce printemps...

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant