Aller au contenu
Président

Repêchage de la LNH 2013

Messages recommandés

Drouin est sur la liste de plusieurs recruteurs comme draft 1 et capable de jouer l'an prochain. Source de James Mirtle

je pense que Fucale pourrait partir plus tôt. Mais on sait aussi ce que Bob Hartley pense de celui-ci . Il le voit dans son équipe pas a peu près. Donc qu'il se retrouve à Calgary ne serait pas une surprise du tout.

Ses simple Mc kinnon a Denver , Seth Jones , Florida ,  J.Drouin  Tampa  , et oui a une transaction du Canadien avec Plekanec dedans afin de faire de la place a Vincent Lecavalier  et le Canadien vas repecher Gauthier si encore dispo !!!!!! ou !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Letang qui sait par transaction

4. Five-hundred Canadians play NCAA Division I—and there’s plenty of other staggering numbers.

This isn’t some niche path for just a handful of Canadians. There’s 500 Canadian players in Division I hockey. And there’s only 1,500 Division I players, overall. That’s a pretty significant ratio.

This year, 204 players came straight from the BCHL to NCAA Division I. Another 108 came from the Ontario Junior Hockey League, 88 from the Alberta Junior Hockey League, and 70 from the Central Canada Hockey League.

“The sheer number of Canadians in the NCAA would lead you to believe you could probably field a national contender within one recruiting class,”

In today’s NHL, one-third of the players played in the NCAA. And more than 20 per cent of Canadian NHLers played in the NCAA.

Each year, about 60 to 75 players get drafted; and this number has been consistent over an eight-year span.

And the trajectory of college hockey is such that there has been a 43 per cent increase – over a 12-year span – in the number of NHLers who played in the NCAA.

Jonathan Toews of the Chicago Blackhawks, Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings, and Ryan Kesler of the Vancouver Canucks are some of the big names who played NCAA.

“One of the reasons college hockey is on the rise is the excellent quality coaching in terms of getting players ready to play at the next level,” said Nate Ewell, deputy executive director at College Hockey Inc., an organization that works to raise awareness of college hockey. “There’s also been growth of the game in the U.S., growing influence of NHL executives who have an NCAA background, and there’s much less of that stigma – like there was, maybe 10 or 15 years ago – around college hockey.”

5. There is potential for Canada to get an NCAA team.

According to Newell, Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, B.C. is in a position to potentially house what would be Canada’s first NCAA hockey team.

“Simon Fraser has been granted Division II status. And Division II teams can compete in Division I hockey,” he said. “It’s possible that if SFU wanted to support hockey, they could. Several million dollars are probably needed for funding scholarships and – from what I’ve heard – for doing a little bit of an arena upgrade; I think there’s some interest there, but I couldn’t say how much.”

Mark Coletta, head coach of SFU’s men’s hockey team (which competes in the B.C. Intercollegiate Hockey League) says an SFU entry into the NCAA could be very good, very fast.

“The sheer number of Canadians in the NCAA would lead you to believe you could probably field a national contender within one recruiting class,” he said. “The allure for a Junior hockey kid to stay in Vancouver, having an NHL and AHL franchise right here, would be way more attractive than playing in a U.S. city where there is no NHL or AHL franchise to watch. I mean, you play for SFU, you’ll get pro scouts looking at you, all the time.”

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant