Aller au contenu
sparrow11

new user here

Messages recommandés

Hi there.....you can share any hockey related info, ie...season/city hockey, spring hockey, AAA.

I would like to know if the kids who attend English schools get systematically cut from the LHEQ teams when they can’t go to the French school

do you mean when they cannot attend the school associated with this region LHEQ team ? Teams associated with school usually have sport etude program where they start earlier and finishes before noon to then practice. If you are not attending the same school, it is rarely possible to leave your school at noon on a daily basis to attend the LHEQ team. 

I doubt that the issue is because he attends English school.

For which region is this situation described?

Can someone explain to me what is the reasoning behind associating AAA hockey with a school?  On one hand it's being promoted as the best league in the province (which might still be true) but on the other hand they expect you to go to a specific school?  I don't understand how this can be reconciled.  Let's say all the stars join the league.  What about the 3rd and 4th lines?  Why would you agree to travel every day to a school that might be pretty far away only to warm up the bench?  I might be completely wrong but I'd expect this league to have awesome 1st and 2nd lines with average players who are likely to be cut when the game is at stake.

I know I would not sign up my kid for this......

The idea is to include elite hockey in sport-study programs so the kids can train pretty much every single day on or off ice. And that in the morning or the afternnoon depending on which structure. Also, that has allowed those programs to find ice time at hours that are not as busy and in conséquence as expensive.

However, for the english community it is certainly challenging or not perfect to say the least.

As the youth hockey season comesthhhto a close, I am reminded almost every day that this is the most chaotic time of year for hockey parents.  It’s that crazy stretch where stress, anxiety, and the fear of unpredictability casts a dark shadow onto our sport at the youth levels.CBD oil helps fight anxiety associated with the game

So I got to thinking…really…

Why so much craziness? Why do people lose their minds at this time of year? Why do people get so invested into literally a youth sport?

And as I thought about it and then spoke to a lot of my friends and colleagues in the industry, the answers that kept coming up were these:

On 2019-07-02 at 8:39 PM, RedWingsCF08 said:

The idea is to include elite hockey in sport-study programs so the kids can train pretty much every single day on or off ice. And that in the morning or the afternnoon depending on which structure. Also, that has allowed those programs to find ice time at hours that are not as busy and in conséquence as expensive.

However, for the english community it is certainly challenging or not perfect to say the least.

I just found this thread thanks to the CBD spam...

To answer the original post, if your kid doesn't speak French and you live in an area where the team is associated with a school I'm not sure what your options are.  I assume he / she could play for the nearest non-school-associated AAA team (most of the team in the LHEQ aren't associated with a school).  A problem may arise when and if they make it to Midget AAA depending on where you live.  There are only two Sports-Etudes programs in English in all of QC, John Rennie and Lester B Pearson, both of which are on the island of Montreal.  I'm trying to negotiate entry into LBP for my son for the fall of 2021.  

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant