Aller au contenu
Martin Rouleau

NCAA ou LCH

Messages recommandés

Quand tu doit faire de la pub...Ouff

je sais mais c'est cela qui vous échappe au Quebec Nous sommes LIBRE de CHOISIR ou on veux que notre jeune joue depuis atome les showcase battle of thé border (mon fils y est en fin semaine) tout ses tournoi USA Ontario (regarde la publicité c'est strictement Ontario vs USA  :idea:  Regarde la section Leafs 4 des 5 top scoreurs des Leaf proviennent du NCAA ce qu'ils omettre de dire est que 2 sont des Américains et 2 proviennent de l'Ouest Canadiens (Calgary Alberta et Regina Saskatchewan)   2 qui se sont développer au USA et 2 de l'Ouest Canadiens dont un jamais repêcher qui se sont retrouver NCAA ! Comme pour les chiffres ont peut leurs faire dire ce que l'on veux dépendant ce qu'on recherche

Cela demontre la compétition TRES AGRESSIVE  entre la NCAA et la OHL pour les part de marcher 

La OHL a repondu a cette exode en offrant 4 ans garanti université a leurs  choix de première ronde et 1 ans a leurs 2 eme ronde avec 1 ans a chaque année joueur dans la OHL  avec maximum de 3  pour justement contrer et réagir a la NCAA 

mais c';est cela la compétition 

HQ competitionne contre qui :roll:  vous avez votre réponse  ^_^

@AAA+   Publicité ou pas, ça a piqué ma curiosité et la tienne aussi ! ;-)  Les chiffres sont là et je défie tout le monde sur POC de prouver le contraire concernant le 30% des joueurs actifs dans la LNH ont passé par la NCAA. Carey, si tu n'y crois pas, trouve des vrais statistiques que l'on peut vérifier mais ne me lance pas des chiffres en l'air...

AAA+, ton gars a joué junior majeur, combien de joueurs de son équipe ont un diplôme universitaire aujourd'hui ? Tu pourrais nous parler de ton expérience, ça serait intéressant !

Pourquoi les joueurs Québécois boudent la NCAA ? La langue ? La culture ?

Si je comprend bien le tableau les joueurs NCAA sont en déclin de 2000 a 2013 comparativement a la période 1985 a 1999 

comme tu peucx voir Martin des chiffre on peut leurs faire dire ce que l'on veux dépendant le point qu'on veut prouver!

Now let’s see how much NHL talent these school have produced over the years.  

chart%202.PNG 
NHL players by school in each era

North Dakota, Wisconsin and Minnesota appear to be the schools that have consistently been able to produce NHL talent over the three different eras. Michigan State is also high up on this list, but the number of NHL-ers coming from there has decreased a fair bit since the turn of the millennium. The same goes for Boston University, who have produced a lot of draft picks but not many of them have turned into NHL-ers as of late. They are still ahead of most of the pack, though.

Something you may notice from looking at this chart is that Michigan didn’t become a powerhouse at producing NHL talent until the mid-80’s/early 90’s. Before then, the Wolverines had only five players that went onto have NHL careers but they have had quite a knack for producing pro-level talent since that time. So much that they are tied with North Dakota for most NHL players produced since the introduction of the entry draft. Boston College has a similar situation only they haven’t produced nearly as many NHL players as Michigan.

The declines of Bowling Green and Providence are easy to see here but one other school I didn’t touch on earlier was Lake Superior State. The Lakers had produced 37 draft picks and free agents from 1979 to 1999 and have produced only 13 since then, none of which went onto have NHL careers.

Tiens voici plus d'information a ce sujet

Road To The NHL
By Nate Ewell & Ian Esplen on March 22, 2014

The CHL And NCAA Are Traditional Routes To The NHL, But Which Should You Take? We Make A Case For Each MAR29_cover.png     CHL

Playing major junior hockey isn’t for everyone. But if you’re looking for the answer as to whether it’s right for you (or your son), ask yourself one simple question.

“Are you a hockey player?”

Every player that I’ve spoken with in the Western Hockey League gets asked the question: “Did you ever consider going the college hockey route?”

While some may admit to wavering or taking their time with the decision, every single one of them answers, “I’m a hockey player.

Now that’s not to say that you can’t still play hockey south of the border. And who could really blame a parent for wanting their son to have the opportunity to pursue their dream and get and education from a school like Harvard or Yale, but if you’re a hockey player, you want to play hockey. And that’s what players get to do if they play in the Canadian Hockey League.   Player Development The most noticeable difference between playing major junior hockey and college hockey is the schedule. The average player in the CHL will practice almost every day and play between 80 and 100 games a year. “Where you’ll improve the most playing in the WHL is in game-like situations,” Medicine Hat Tiger sniper Trevor Cox said. “And I think that’s a big reason why more NHL players come out of the WHL.” On the other hand, their college counterparts will play about half as many games and spend about as much time in the weight room as they do on the ice. Now that’s not to say that their aren’t benefits to being in the weight room, but if you’re a hockey player, you want to be on the ice playing with and against the best 16- to 20-year-olds in the world. That’s how you find out if you have what it takes to play at the next level. The CHL gives players that opportunity and that is why more CHL players get to walk up on stage at the NHL draft, shake an NHL general manager’s hand and slide on a new jersey. Over the past decade, 993 players have been drafted by NHL teams from the Canadian Hockey League—and the number doesn’t include the recent trend of players that were planning to play college hockey and have since decided that the CHL would prepare them for NHL life. - 

Players like Adam Tambellini, Michael McCarron and Stefan Matteau are just a few who committed or played college hockey, but traded in their textbooks and exams for bus rides and daily practices. 

And why is that trend increasing?

Former Spokane Chiefs defenceman Brett Bartman pointed out that when you play major junior hockey, you’re playing in NHL rinks against guys that will one day be in the NHL. And along with that competition comes a lot of professionalism from the league and the teams themselves. 

“It’s not a knock against Junior A hockey, but I think the professionalism and partnerships that the league has with the NHL are hard to pass up,” Bartman said. 

After his three seasons with the Spokane Chiefs, Bartman went on to take advantage of the scholarship opportunities that the WHL offers its players, and now finds himself playing for the Calgary Dinos and nearing completion of a degree in kinesiology.  

Academic Development
For every year a player plays in the CHL, that player will receive a scholarship for one year of education at a postsecondary institute of their choosing. 

The scholarship primarily covers the costs of tuition, textbooks and compulsory fees. It is valid for 18 months once they are done playing in the league and becomes void if a player signs with most professional teams (AHL, NHL and Europe).  

While not all players have their education paid in full by the league, Bartman pointed out that he was able to use the scholarship money that he gets from the University of Calgary for playing on the men’s hockey team to cover his costs this year.

And according to him, the process for knowing how much the league will cover isn’t that hard. 

“You basically submit your paperwork to the league and they tell you how much money you have to spend. It really is a very simple process,” he explained.

Calgary Hitmen general manager Mike Moore has been involved with the WHL in one capacity or another for the past 17 years. Moore has seen his share of players taking advantage of the opportunity to get an education while playing in the league. One such example is Chris Nielsen, who played for the Hitmen for four seasons and was a New York Islanders second round pick in 1998. Nielsen took university courses while he was playing for the Hitmen and, after briefly playing in the NHL, he went back to finish his education. Nielsen is now a doctor. “It’s pretty cool to get to see a guy who not only went on to play pro hockey, but he was also a player that understood that education is important, so he took advantage of that while he was here,” Moore said. Moore also went on to add that when you balance the calibre of hockey in the league with the education that the players get, it really is a wonderful opportunity for young players. Home Away From Home One element that playing major junior hockey has that playing college hockey doesn’t is that a lot of the players in the league are still just kids. Leaving home for a few weeks by yourself at 16 or 17 is hard for anyone and their families, let alone asking a player to leave for eight months of the year. While this is a tough decision, that decision gets easier when families realize that the billets families go through a very thorough screening process and truly become a second family to the players. “Our billets are a home away from home for our players,” Moore explained. “It’s important that when we’re asking a player to move away from home for the first time that we have the proper structure and support for the player to feel like it’s their home.” 

How to Get There
There are a couple of ways in which your child can earn a spot on a CHL roster. 

The Draft: The CHL has three leagues (OHL, WHL and QMJHL) and in all three leagues they hold a draft. The draft is done similarly to the NHL where the teams will pick in reverse order. In the WHL, players are eligible in the year that they turn 15 (currently 1999 birthdays), whereas in the OHL and QMJHL, players are eligible in the year that they turn 16 (currently 1998 birthdays). Players cannot play full-time in any of the leagues until they are 16 years of age (unless granted exceptional status).  

Get Listed: If a player is not drafted they can still be placed on a team’s restricted list and signed to a player contract. Some notable players who have gone this route are Jarome Iginla, Dan Hamhuis and Scott Hartnell. 

For most young players and their families playing in the NHL is their ultimate goal. But if that goal isn’t achieved, the league does offer a very good education package and takes care of the majority of equipment costs while the player is playing in the league.

NCAA

Talented young hockey players face what can be a daunting decision at a young age between playing major junior hockey in the CHL or NCAA hockey in the United States. 

Neither option is perfect for every player and their family, but NCAA advocates feel that their combination of hockey, education and life experience provides the optimal development path for young players—both as hockey prospects and as people.

From a hockey development perspective, the NCAA has made great strides in a short amount of time, establishing itself as the fastest growing development path to the NHL. More than 30 per cent of all NHL players developed in the NCAA, a sharp increase from around 21 per cent just 10 years ago. U.S. college hockey now produces more NHLers than all of Europe.

Player Development There are a number of reasons for that growth. First and foremost, NCAA supporters argue, is the emphasis on player development at that level. U.S. college players train and play at world-class facilities, under the watch of elite coaches and in a schedule that is conducive to development. A typical college schedule has teams playing games on Friday and Saturday nights, allowing time for two or three strength and conditioning sessions and four or five practices each week. That meets the practice-to-game ratio that most development experts encourage. Practice offers a player much more time on the ice and time with the puck than any game could. Just as important as practice is the ability to build strength in the weight room. Many rookies in pro hockey find that strength is the one thing holding them back, but experts agree that U.S. college players are more likely to adapt. “You can see the difference between the college and junior guys,” said Paul Goodman, strength and conditioning coach of the Chicago Blackhawks. “The schedule in college allows you more time in the weight room, so the biggest thing that I notice is that they’re more well-rounded in the room during the workouts. They’re familiar with the technique and they also have a very good base.” The emphasis on strength and conditioning is clear in a brief tour of NCAA facilities. Fifteen new arenas have opened in the last 15 years and many more have been renovated to include state-of-the-art weight rooms. As a result, players can play in beautiful buildings packed with screaming fans on the weekends while preparing in facilities to match during the rest of the week. “When we planned the team space, we put a lot of emphasis on player development,” said Notre Dame head coach Jeff Jackson, who has coached in the OHL, AHL and NHL, as well as the NCAA. “We have a weight room, a cardio room, rehab and medical facilities, a team meeting room. We’ve got shooting bays so that guys can come in and work on their shooting on or off the ice, even jumping in there between classes.

Another element of time that benefits the NCAA in terms of development comes not in days of the week, but in years. Prospects typically play NCAA hockey when they are between 19 and 24 years old, as opposed to 16 to 20 for CHL players. As a result, the NCAA gives prospects more time to develop. Those who weren’t standouts at age 18— think of non-drafted Canadian Olympians like Chris Kunitz or Martin St. Louis—might be stars by the time they graduate from university. This so happens to be the timeline that tends to fit for the average NHL player, who will play his first full season at age 23. “I thought the amount of time we practiced was a huge benefit to me,” said Castlegar, B.C. native Shawn Horcoff, who played at Michigan State. “I was able to stay in the gym. I was a pretty skinny guy when I went to college. When I left college, I was 195 pounds; I was 30 pounds heavier and I was ready for the NHL.” “When they turn pro, they usually come from programs that have developed them both physically and mentally,” said Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher. “You have to balance the athletics with the academics so you aren’t one-dimensional.” Education and More Perhaps NCAA hockey’s biggest selling point is that teams are part of U.S. universities, meaning that players are pursuing their post-secondary education while working toward their hockey goals. NCAA studies indicate that 85 per cent of all Division I men’s hockey players graduate, one of the top marks for all NCAA men’s sports. That’s something that will benefit those student-athletes whether their hockey career ends with graduation or if they play 15 years of pro hockey. “You get the best of both worlds, playing a high level of hockey while earning your degree at the same time,” said Dominic Moore, a Harvard graduate and member of the New York Rangers. “Keeping the doors open to all that education and life offers you, to me that was a smart play 

CHL teams have bolstered their academic benefits in recent years, but they contain limitations. In addition, between travel and games, CHL schedules prevent players from earning their degrees while playing. Some may progress toward a degree, but it isn’t built-in the way an NCAA student-athlete’s time is structured.

Being on a college campus with thousands of fellow students is another element that appeals to NCAA players.

“The atmosphere on campus with 40,000 students is incredible,” said Kyle Turris, a New Westminster, B.C. native who spent a year at Wisconsin. “Going to football games, basketball games, just being on campus. . . I go back every year with my buddies and I really enjoy it.”

Most campuses aren’t as large as Wisconsin, but without a draft, players have the chance to find a school that’s the right fit for them.

“It was unbelievable,” said Chatham, Ont. native Ryan Jones of the Edmonton Oilers, who played at Miami (Ohio). “I think the enrolment is about 15,000, and that’s basically what the city is—15,000 college kids running around, doing what you do in college. It was a huge eye opener for me.”

How to Get There
Because the CHL features players under contract with NHL teams, the NCAA considers it a professional league. Therefore, any player who signs a CHL contract or plays a CHL game, even in the preseason, is deemed ineligible for NCAA hockey.

Maintaining that amateur status is just one thing for young people considering college hockey to take into account. Other factors include:

Education: The NCAA sets minimum standards for high school grades and standardized test scores (SATs or ACTs) that all student-athletes must meet. These include specific classes that students must take in high school. All prospective students should be registered with eligibilitycenter.org by Grade 11.
Amateurism: In addition to not signing or playing with a CHL team, prospective NCAA players cannot accept payment or gifts based on their ability as a hockey player. There are also restrictions on professional teams covering costs for players attending rookie or training camps. Family advisors: Prospective NCAA players may have family advisors, but may not accept gifts from them and may not enter into an agreement that an advisor will become the players’ agent in the future. Most young hockey players pursuing NCAA hockey play in one of the Canadian Junior Hockey League’s junior A leagues (the AJHL, BCHL or OJHL, for example). Each of those leagues, as well as other entities like College Hockey Inc., provide support for players and parents hoping to navigate the path to NCAA Division I.

- See more at: http://hockeynow.ca/college/road-to-the-nhl#sthash.bj6tTjo3.dpuf

On ne se comprend pas Carrey, tu mêles tout depuis le début de ce post.

Tu me parles du DRAFT et je te parle de joueurs qui JOUENT ACTUELLEMENT dans la LNH. C'est bien beau d'être drafter mais plus de 50% de ces joueurs ne joueront jamais dans la LNH. Le 30% que je parle dans ce post n'est pas pour le draft !!!

Tu nous as envoyé un lien vers la page de la NHL pour le draft et c'est même pas de ça qu'on parle.

On ne se comprend pas Carrey, tu mêles tout depuis le début de ce post.

O

Tu me parles du DRAFT et je te parle de joueurs qui JOUENT ACTUELLEMENT dans la LNH. C'est bien beau d'être drafter mais plus de 50% de ces joueurs ne joueront jamais dans la LNH. Le 30% que je parle dans ce post n'est pas pour le draft !!!

Tu nous as envoyé un lien vers la page de la NHL pour le draft et c'est même pas de ça qu'on parle.

Moi ce que j'aimerais mesurer c'est le nombre de jeune qui termine leur parcours au hockey et qui termine avec un diplôme en poche et ceci par structure ohl LHJMQ USA.

Voyons, Martin, Tu proposes autre chose que l'Ontario, sans O'Brien, l'entraineur de Crosby et tu pensais que Carey allait t'écouter? Tu vas nulle part. On a tous compris mais tu auras droit à n'importe quoi. Même dans l'article qu'il a envoyé, on fait mention du 30% des joueurs actifs qui viennent de College Hockey, je pense qu'il a mis cet article sans le lire avant.

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant