Aller au contenu
Le Vrai

Best Novice A Team

Messages recommandés

I felt an urgent need to post when I saw the Lasalle Lions getting good publicity in the GAzette.

Before I start...this is not an assault on the kids on that team. This is aimed at the coaches and some of their parents.

I have a connection with someone who is involved with the St.Laurent Novice A's. So I know alot about the Lasalle team and what they are all about.

The Lasalle team has some really good talent. So do alot of other teams. The Lasalle team assembled its record on the backs of 3 or 4 players including one star playing 70% of the time. Instead of trying to develop their shortened roster of 11, they chose to showcase 3-4 players at most and 1 especially.

Everyone in Lac St.Louis aside from some Lions parents and players obviously have nothing but contempt for this team. Quoting stats of 8 and 9 year olds is reprehensible. Do you know they beat a Novice B team for the US on a goodwill tour 18-0...talk about padding your stats.

I watched them beat a good Lakeshore team in the regionals. The Lakeshore team rolled 3 lines. I saw them beat a good Pierrefonds team in the final that also played its bench.

Why is a player like number 10 playing 70% of a game where the score is already 6-0?

The purpose of Novice A is developing your entire roster. Any coach who does differently should never coach again.

All I see in this thread are the Lions parents promoting their children. You should be ashamed. There are alot of great Novice kids out there....you guys are the only ones quoting your "fattened" stats.

I also saw the regional final against the Pierrefonds team. Pierrefonds outshot and outchanced the Lions team...despite having 3 to 4 more penalties and despite number 10 playing most of the game. One time was just more opportunistic...it happens.

There were players on Lasalle who barely played. I missed their semi-final game against Soulange but, I was told it was the same story despite a lopsided score.

Yeah 51-0 is nice. Gives the coaches something to remember in their rocking chairs. Fact is no one outside of the Lions respects that team and what they did to win.

As it turned out, those lasalle lions ended up winning everything. I congratulate you on a terrific season but guess what, you are still not going to convince me that you guys are the real deal. I have been reading, listening, and discussing with parents and just spectators about the lions and there were many concerns. As i read a post on here about a kid on that team didn't play as much, it's really sad to hear that. It really is, but guess what, that's the real world. As my children played on great teams, they too were shafted many times when deep down in my heart I knew their ability to play the game was on par with the better players, but still they did not play. Did it frustrate me, yes indeed. Did it make me mad? Of course who wouldn't be mad when their kids aren't getting as much playing time as the others. People, this is sports. We push our kids to be the best, well, we also have to be prepared to deal with the consequences of not being the best. A parent should not take it personal. I say this b/c I took it personal. But when speaking to other parents as well as coaches, I came to understand that something like this can break a kid or make him. Fortunately, I have kids that want to prove that they belong and benching them will only make them stronger. We as parents have to talk to our kids and explain to them that things aren't always fine, or easy, or should go the way we plan. In no way am I agreeing with the coaches from lasalle if this was indeed done b/c you already how I feel about that team. But, we can dislike them all we want, hell knows i hate lasalle, and given enough time, I will expose the whole organization for their bulls... but to to even mention the article in the gazette is simply stupid and THAT'S CHILDISH. I see lakeshore in the papers all the time, and no one says anything, but lasalle who probably never won anything ever( lol) and be the last time they win (lol) gets in the paper, is dumb. Unless lasalle printed it themselves and had stick in the paper, it should be the reporters who get criticized, and not Lasalle. Wow, I can't believe I just defended these A$%holes. My time is up, and at Least I see that I am not the only jealous guy in here.

P.S. Oh ya, b 4 i forget, some dumb remarks were made, b 4 trying to be cute, you should really know who you are posting to, but nevertheless, it's been fun, I wish all the kids from all areas the best, and parents keep pushing your kids to work hard.

Wow- I have read this post with a lot of interest. I can not believe any association would allow a novice team to get away with the way the coaches played their lines. Novice hockey should be about development. I am sure that # 10 is an 8 year old phenom- good for him- but I will say that when kids learn in novice that they are the whole team, they often get rocked in Atom "BB" and even "AAA" because they star playing with more talented kids and can no longer take the puck ene to end.

My son is a very competive Atom"BB" player and his coaches rolled our lines all season even in competive games- did we always win- no- did the kids learn how to pass the puck and play selflish hockey- Absolutely. the end result for us was finishing 3rd in the province with a varied talent pool. The most important thing here is that all the kids on the team improved and felt an important part of the team.

If I were a parent on the LaSalle team, i would write a letter to the editor of the Gazette- it might shame the coaches a bit.

Invité

To The Hockey Fan:

Thanks for your feeback. Even if I would have voiced my opinion to the Coaches or the Association, nothing would have happend. There was another parent on our team who actually made a few complaints (half way through the season) about their son who also never played. AND guess what, the Association never did anything. The Director got involved and the President just ignored his complaints. The parent wrote a very detailed e-mail to the President, the President came to our next game, and that boy only went on the ice for about 4 minutes during the whole game. So that is another reason why we did not say anything. Here is a question for anyone out there, if your Association does not help you in matters like this, what do you do? Who can you go to?

You must be a parent of one of the other kids mentioned in the Gazette article- who feels like they are not getting their due. C'mon, any team that does not roll its lines but choses to play the top kids instead will have a distinct advantage ESPECIALLY in Novice where some of the kids can bareley skate- not to mention stop and stickhandle.

The point here is not the talent pool on your team it is about the fact that 8-9 year old kids who were part of the team were not played fairly and in the end not given the chance for development.

You guys have many years of hockey in front of you- i am sure your kid will get jhis due.

i know people will pound on me again for briging this up ! but who cares i say in my case i went to hockey laval and put pressure on them !the problem you faced is similar to ours and for a coach or coaches to do that is cause they have a good relation with your president :wink: so its completly useless to go see him i agree .but go higher than the president of lasalle ,they will tell you its not to them you bring a complaint so you should go back to see your president :lol: how nice wash wash !be firm and ready and tell them you will go public or do what it takes to show that they refuse to help you and sent you straight back to the problem !go more than just you and theyll be force to tell the president of your ligue to fix that problem or ship out .

As a Director of Novice from another city this all starts with the Director and President and Then the coaches who we hire. When we have complaints about things like this its are job to make sure it doesnt continue . I happened to play this team at the beginning of the year and after being down by at least 7 goals after the first period they still continued to have nathiel out there every second shift trying to score more goals on us ....remember this was a friendly game and not a league game . I didnt see any passing at all after they got a big lead .

After watching the semi final regional amoung other games it was like they were trying to run up the score as high as they could .....

I also played a team from the U.S. who was a weak novice b team after 4 minutes my team was up 5 -0 . I took my 4 best players and put them and defence and told them they werent aloud to score and to pass the puck to others . After the game finished which we won 13-0 i had 10 different kids who scored of a pass . I didnt like to see this outcome because its not fun for the other team . But some players who did score hadnt scored all year so they were happy .

So my point is that as a coach you should take into account the other team . Its normal that your better players will play the last 2 minutes but .

How this team rolled there bench was not right .

THE COACHES ON THIS TEAM ARE A JOKE...

I felt an urgent need to post when I saw the Lasalle Lions getting good publicity in the GAzette.

Before I start...this is not an assault on the kids on that team. This is aimed at the coaches and some of their parents.

I have a connection with someone who is involved with the St.Laurent Novice A's. So I know alot about the Lasalle team and what they are all about.

The Lasalle team has some really good talent. So do alot of other teams. The Lasalle team assembled its record on the backs of 3 or 4 players including one star playing 70% of the time. Instead of trying to develop their shortened roster of 11, they chose to showcase 3-4 players at most and 1 especially.

Everyone in Lac St.Louis aside from some Lions parents and players obviously have nothing but contempt for this team. Quoting stats of 8 and 9 year olds is reprehensible. Do you know they beat a Novice B team for the US on a goodwill tour 18-0...talk about padding your stats.

I watched them beat a good Lakeshore team in the regionals. The Lakeshore team rolled 3 lines. I saw them beat a good Pierrefonds team in the final that also played its bench.

Why is a player like number 10 playing 70% of a game where the score is already 6-0?

The purpose of Novice A is developing your entire roster. Any coach who does differently should never coach again.

All I see in this thread are the Lions parents promoting their children. You should be ashamed. There are alot of great Novice kids out there....you guys are the only ones quoting your "fattened" stats.

I also saw the regional final against the Pierrefonds team. Pierrefonds outshot and outchanced the Lions team...despite having 3 to 4 more penalties and despite number 10 playing most of the game. One time was just more opportunistic...it happens.

There were players on Lasalle who barely played. I missed their semi-final game against Soulange but, I was told it was the same story despite a lopsided score.

Yeah 51-0 is nice. Gives the coaches something to remember in their rocking chairs. Fact is no one outside of the Lions respects that team and what they did to win.

Sorry but the LASALLE LIONS NEVER PLAYED A US TEAM ON A GOODWILL TOUR. MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE A LASALLE CONNECTION INSTEAD OF A ST.LAURENT NOVICE A CONNECTION......LOL

The Lasalle Lions did play a team up from the states. I used the term "goodwill" tour to highlight it was a friendly exhibition game. They won 18-0 or something like that.

Everyone in Lac St.Louis region knows what happened this year.

Case in point. The regional QuarterFinal. The Lions leading 5-0 against a Lakeshore team. The game was in the second period. The Lions went for the mercy rule and put number 10 on even more often. Instead of allowing the other kids to play and get some experience, they choose to embarrass the other team.

I watched the finals with some people I knew from other associations. Number 10 did not make any passes the entire game. The only kids who passed were their defense. And yes...with game 4-0...number 10 was triple shifted because they wanted to end the final with a mercy rule of 7-O.

I was reading you since you post that topic, and i was just thinking about these coaches where playing their players and I was wright in my mind.

Explain to me how you can get a 51-0 record without playing your best player all the time.

We all know the season in novice is 18 games, add the playoffs, 4 games, the regionals another 4 games for a total of 26, plus 3 tournament at 4 games each it's 12 games for a total of 38 games.

I'm short of 13 games, so it means 2 games a month as exhibition, what about the practices, I think they din't practice alot.

So the other players on that team din't practice their hockey skill to become better as the season goes on.

It's not the way to do hockey espacelly in novice, these players only watch the show number 10 put on every game.

I feel sorry for all the players and number 10 to cause that kid maybe the best 8 years old in LaSalle but we all know thoses players as they grow up they get catch up by the others.

And tell me the Lasalle organisation din't say anything and all the parents to, it's a nonsense, but know it's to late the season is over, you guy's should've of act before.

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant