Aller au contenu
stallions2004

Brick 2014

Messages recommandés

Top Ice, our Stallions 2004's are forming 3 teams again this year. The Stallions Team QC has already been made and will be playing in the 2003 Super category this spring. This team has added 4 of the top 2004 players from other teams (1 from IS, 1 from Gouv's, 1 from Metro CH, and 1 from 2003 D1). This team is extremely strong and have already beaten a 2003 D1 team 11-5 in an exhibition game missing 3 of their players. The core of this group have been together for over 3 yrs and this year will be coached by Gaston Gingras.

The other 2 teams being formed, which are still in tryouts are to play in the 2004 Super & 2004 Regular category.

I am not on the selection committee of the Brick and I agree with you that there is surely some talent out there other then from the Stallions. However, from my own evaluations and knowing most of the kids that were at the tryouts, I personally only saw maybe 4-5 kids that I felt were better than the kids on the Stallions 2004 Team QC on the small ice. That being said, the big ice is a complete different ball game.

stallions2004, Is this the team that I saw play at Guimond on december 30th between 17h and 18h? If so you should state the facts so we can appreciate the context. This is a good 2004 team but..............

that was not a 2003 D1 team you played against, the opposition facing your team was very very very weak.

the lineup of the 2004 was boosted. in that game you had players from your 2003 Super team in the lineup with the 2004 like Michael the son of the owner of Stallions.. he was playing center. I don't see the point.

please inform us correctly.

stallions2004, Is this the team that I saw play at Guimond on december 30th between 17h and 18h? If so you should state the facts so we can appreciate the context. This is a good 2004 team but..............

that was not a 2003 D1 team you played against, the opposition facing your team was very very very weak.

the lineup of the 2004 was boosted. in that game you had players from your 2003 Super team in the lineup with the 2004 like Michael the son of the owner of Stallions.. he was playing center. I don't see the point.

please inform us correctly.

Yes ML was playing with our team because he is part of that team. We were also missing 2 D's, one that went to the Brick last year and one that will go to the Brick this year. I agree the team that we played against wasn't the best 2003 D1 team out there as they were going through tryouts and were missing a few very good players, but they also had help from one of the 2003 D1 players that is playing on the Super Dooper 2003 team surclassed to play in the 2002 D1 (MG). I don't want to put any circumstances to the game but I do know they are very strong but it's only natural that they will have a difficult time playing some of the top 2003 D1 teams. However, that is why they will be playing with the 2003 D1's to help their progression.

The KOTR team had both anglo's and francophones on the team. Let's not try to turn this into a language debate because it isn't about that. That was a good team that had 3-4 players that probably didn't belong, but to me the biggest factor of why that team lost is because we didn't have a united coaching staff.

Thank you for the precision about your roster.

Why do you guys talk about a KOTR team and a bad coach you had. I do not see the link with the topic. What is KOTR.

KOTR is King Of The Rings, it's a TO tourney of some top teams. In any case, what is the latest with the Ice Storm, have they cut down the roster yet?

I didn't say the coaches were not good. They were all individually very good, but they had issues putting their individual philosophies aside in order to work together and all preach one philosophy to the kids. When you have a pick up of great players the biggest issue is always been able to put egos aside both from the players perspective and also coaches. This is the same thing I'm sure when making Jr Team Canada. Some players that are normally scorers on their junior team need to learn to become a grinder or set up man.

At this age the biggest mistake is preach a philosophy, LET them play en have fun to create! avec ce qu'il en sont rendu demade un peut de base en zone défensive tenter d'être meileur en zone neutre et avoir de la créativité en zone offensive, tout le reste est bien beau mais néfaste plus qu'éfficace la thechnique cela viendra de 12 ans a 14 ans après si tu comprend pas c'est que tu comprendra jamais! la technique est très simple après 2 ans si tu maitrise toujours pas les systemes de jeux désolé mais l'élite a jamais été pour toi 

A vouloir en faire des mini pro tu tue la poule dans l'oeuf! trop de parents veulent allez trop vite!c'est celon son rithme ses capacités du moment  et personne est pareil le secret la base POWERSKATING! 

Carey ton dernier post est ton meilleur post des deux dernieres annees lolll je ne pourrais être plus d'accord !!! A cet âge j'aime mieux perdre des matchs où mes jeunes pourront être sur la glace !! C'est avec des systemes de jeu en si bas age qu'on tue la créativité.

Carey & Mike, I wasn't talking about systems, I was talking about philosophy. I don't think there were any systems put in place after 3 practices with a pick up team at that age.

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant